Aug 18, 2012

Joyous Summertime

Summer officially ends tomorrow in the Brandt home.  It has been such a joy and honor to hang out with the best 5 kids in the world.  I am truly BEYOND blessed to call them mine.  They are my best friends...my true pleasures in life! (Besides their Daddy)  I am learning so much from all the wonderful people God has brought into my life through out the years.  I am HAPPY! Not because of anything particular...but because of the satisfaction in my heart and soul.
This summer went way too fast too! We did lots of fun outings to the water parks with friends. My kids did swim lessons for 2 sessions! Madyson is a little pro in the water! She would beat everyone swimming the length of the pool! She has some pretty strong legs! Ryelon is seriously so comfortable in the water.  A little too comfortable! We also went to the zoo, wild animal parks, and lots of nature walks at Mojave Narrows.  Now this was probably the funnest days with my kids! It cost me $7 for the day of memories that I will hold close to my heart! The first time, we went in sandals! Hilarious...but soooo fun! We even saw a fox right next to us! There are miles of trails to explore! I was a little nervous of getting lost...but I had a cell phone with navigation!! hahaha!! =-)
Another wonderful part of summer was the reading program for 6 weeks thru the library! I am so thankful to Melissa...she pushed me to join! My boys read over a hundred books this summer! Chapter books too!!  They needed this program...and let me tell you, it HELPED! They read sooo well! The library held shows every Thursday and my kids received free books and coupons each week! Brandon won the raffle prizes twice! He can read a 700 page book in 2 days...not too sure how he can do that!!  Even I got back into reading...I read 4 books this summer! hehe!!
I am so thankful to God...who is in complete control of my life right now.  He has given me more than I can even comprehend! He supplies sooo much for my family! I am learning to walk with faith in my hubbies job situation! I have a calm feeling with his job even though they are downsizing 700 positions! I never thought his job would ever be in jeopardy! Christopher has worked there for almost 16 years...but, I KNOW God will never fail our family!
I hope everyone had a blessed summer break!