Mar 30, 2012

I am alive!!

I am still here...promise!! I guess the blog world has not been as fun for me lately!! I hate blocking it because people will tell me it is just too hard to view it...but then I hate having my life so public...soooo hmmmm, what to do, what to do!!! haha!!
Lately, life has been flying by! We have baseball! Then Softball!! Then Baseball!! Did I mention Softball!!! hehe!! My life revolves around the two of them!! Our girls look great! I think we have the prettiest team in the high desert!! Madyson gave us such a big scare a couple of weeks ago during practice. =( Her daddy, I mean coach =} was hitting pop flies out to the girls. He thought, I will hit it harder to get it over the girls heads....instead, he hit Madyson right above the temple. She never passed out or even fell over. She said she felt God's arm around her keeping her on her feet. (That made me cry!) Well, after watching her for a couple of hours...she didn't seem normal and the spot was "mushy". I rushed her off to the ER. They put us in a room for 2 hours to monitor her. She wasn't talking much but didn't display any signs of trauma to her head. They asked me if I wanted a head scan...I of course said yes! But, then the Doctor (who was the mom of one of our soccer players from our girls team) said, "If I can be honest with you...I would not do it, even with my own daughter." I guess, it is more dangerous for little kids. She said it is equivalent to 6 years of direct sunlight to a child's head. =( After giving this alot of consideration, I took her advice and choose to monitor her through out the few days afterwards. I checked on her every hour that night to make sure she was still breathing during her sleep. She seems fine now...the spot has harden up now. But, she is still not the same. She gets alot of headaches too. She is more tired than normal...and she is still so quiet. =( The positive part is, she is still so excited about baseball, and she does not fear the ball. Her daddies heart is broken though. He cannot get the sound out of his head when the ball hit her head. =( I praise God for His arm around her and His quick healing hand on her! I love my Madyson sooo much!!